Yoke is the wooden collar which joins two animals, usually oxen, to enable them to pull together. The term may denote the partnership of those who share a yoke or, more usually, the subjection of those under a yoke. As his covenant partners God’s people are yoked to him and he will break the oppressive yoke of their enemies.
For long ago I broke your yoke, And tore off your bonds; But you said, I will not serve! For on every high hill. And under every green tree. You have lain down as a harlot. – Jer 2:20
Every demonic yoke can be broken through the power of the Almighty. To deal with the yoke of the enemy, you have to use the weapon of aggressive prayer. If a particular yoke has remained entrenched in your life for years, the amount of prayer efforts which you must apply must be equally strong.
The satanic yoke must be broken such that the manifestations are non-existent. The prayer points below are specially delivered by the Holy Ghost to do some specific things in your life. Make use of them and the yoke of the enemy will be completely broken.
CONFESSION: Psalm 2
1. Praise the Lord for the power in His name at which every knee must bow.
2. Thank God for making the provision for deliverance from any form of bondage.
3. I cover myself with the blood of Jesus.
4. Confess any sin that can hinder answers to your prayers and ask God to forgive you.
5. Stand against any power already organised against this prayer programme.
6. Lord, anoint my eyes and ears, that they may see and hear wondrous things from heaven.
7. Holy Spirit, uncover my darkest secrets, in the name of Jesus.
8. Lord, let the anointing of the Holy Spirit break every yoke of backwardness in my life.
9. Blood of Jesus, remove tiny unprogressive label from every aspect of my life, in the name of Jesus.
10. Lord, establish me a holy person unto You, in the name of Jesus.
11. Lord, let the anointing to excel in my career fall on me, in the name of Jesus.
12. By the power of God, I shall not serve my enemies; my enemies shall bow down to me, in the name of Jesus.
13. I pull down all the strongholds erected against my progress, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every generational curse of God on my forefathers, resulting from the sins of idolatry, loose your hold, in Jesus’ name.
15. I release myself, from any inherited bondage, in Jesus’ name.
16. All you powers, that are sucking the peace of my destiny, be bound, in the name of Jesus.
17. Lord, ordain a terrifying noise unto the camp of the enemy of my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
18. Father Lord, put your seal on every miracle You have performed in this church, in the name of Jesus.
19. I reject every evil arrangement concerning this church and I receive the arrangement of God, in Jesus’ name.
20. All the evil forces opposing this church, begin to rise up against one another, in the name of Jesus.
21. Angels of God, hinder and stop all the works of darkness in this church, in the name of Jesus.
22. I stand against every form of tragedy in the lives of the congregation, in the name of Jesus.
23. I cast down every evil imagination against the ministers, in the name of Jesus.
24. Any power, working against the vision of God for my destiny, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
25. My destiny, arise by fire and possess your possessions, in Jesus’ name.
26. Every arrangement by sorcerers and witches in the heavenlies, fashioned against my life, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
27. I take a divine insurance for my family and I, against all forms of accidents, in the name of Jesus.
28. I raise the whirlwind of the Lord to blow away every stubborn pursuer, in the name of Jesus.
29. Every negative anointing, targeted at me, dry up, in the name of Jesus.
30. You spirit of confusion, loose your hold over my life, in Jesus’ name.
31. I cut down all the roots of problems in my life, in Jesus’ name.
32. I recall all my blessings thrown into the water, forest and satanic bank, in the name of Jesus.
33. Lord, let the camp of my enemies be put in disarray, in Jesus’ name.
Today we have many Christians in one demonic prison or the other, (it is spiritual and not physical) and it is the devil that puts them in these demonic imprisonment (Rev. 2:10). This demonic imprisonment could be in the form of marriage, finance, fruit of the womb etc.
Definition prison is a place where a person is shut up against his will or place where a person, animal or bird is kept in confinement – Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary
Method of Operation
The enemy (devil) use his human agents to charm peoples soul in order to destroy them and the souls of these people are now placed in one demonic prison or the other (Eze. 13:18; Ps. 142:5-7, Isaiah 42:22).
Reasons For Imprisonment
- One of the major reasons for hunting these souls and putting them in prison is for them to be afflicted with troubles (Psalm 143:11-12)
- Souls are bought by spirit merchants (i.e witches, wizards and occults forces) who use them as spiritual working vehicles. Souls used as spiritual working vehicles are the faces of people the evil ones use to attack people in their dreams in order to shield themselves from attacks (Rev 18:11-13).
- Stealing their blessings and also use them as preys for evil. It gives the plowers (demons) the right to plow upon these people’s blessings. (Psalm 129:1-4; Isaiah 42:22).
- Place souls under demonic appointment of death. (Psalm 79:11).
- Satan places a lot of people in prison to chain them so that their lives will be that of a total darkness and deepest of gloom (Psalm 107:10; Job 36:8).
Effects of Demonic Imprisonment
When a person is placed in demonic imprisonment
- He will begin to experience a life of dryness, famine, starvation, failure etc. (Zech. 9:11; Job 30:16-17)
- It is meant to kill the person through frustration and hunger. It means, they will face abject poverty in their lives. (Isa. 51:14)
- He will be cut off spiritually from his daily provision of favour till he dies. (Jer 52:31-34) God promised us His children that we are entitled to a daily provision of benefit of favour (Psalm 68:19)
- It is easy for forces of evil to take that person’s life any hour and any moment. (Psalm 79:11)
- Ps. 124:7 You have to pray that God should break every demonic cage you have been placed in and let your soul escape like a bird.
- Isa. 24:21-23 – You have to pray that God should gather all the astral, territorial and marine spirits that have locked you up in prison and cause shame, and disgrace to be their portion
- Acts 5:19 You have to pray that God should send His angels to open every prison you have been shut in.
- Psalm 146:7 You have to pray that God should give you freedom from every demonic prison you have been kept in by the forces of evil
- Rev. 18:22-24; Isa. 42:22 You have to pray that God should send down His holy ghost fire to burn to stubbles every queen of the coast that has been locking you in her demonic prison and selling you as merchandise to her demonic agents to use for evil
- Jer 52:33-34 – You have to pray that God should remove every prison garment that would not allow you to receive favour in Jesus name.
- Isaiah 24:21-23 – You have to pray that God should place all your enemies in prison and feed them with the bread of adversity and water of affliction.
- Isa. 42:6 – You have to pray that God should bring you out of every demonic prison of darkness the enemy has shut you in.
Buy Soma Watson Brand
Sometimes, there may be no minister who is anointed and knowledgeable about deliverance to help you. Sometimes, you can be heavily attacked in your dream and the next service is about four days away. What do you do? You should never allow evil spirits to reside in your life. If you lack adequate time to do a self deliverance in the mornings, after your quiet time, then, when you’re having your bath, you could do it.
Our environment is such that there are many evil spirits moving around and if you are not regularly cleaning your house, they may lodge there; your level of education not withstanding. If a whole university professor could carry a ritual sacrifice because he needed promotion, then education is irrelevant.
Let’s learn a few lessons now before we go into the actual practice.
A demon is a spirit, which means it’s like a wind or breath. Most evil spirits leave through the breathing passage or by any opening in the body. This is why sometimes when prayers are hot some people begin to pass out gas or emit bad odour. Now when an ambulance wants to go through a busy area and blares its siren, the purpose is to clear the traffic so as to expedite the passage of the ambulance.
Therefore, when praying for self deliverance, you should keep quiet after the prayer before ejecting those evil spirits. This is why at times we ask people to breath in and out. If you are praying or speaking at this time, the spirit will not go out because you have not opened the way for it.
The next lesson you must learn is this; demons can come out by simple breathing, coughing, choking, yawning, vomiting, etc. (get a bucket or bowl around you before the session starts) The manifestations vary according to the person and the spirit involved. All the spirits that are not deeply rooted, depart easily, but those deeply entrenched, will require more time and effort to go. The more stubborn ones will require the help of other believers. Even when they are that strong, and you continue to wound them daily, they will eventually be mortally wounded.
Also, know that if multiple spirits are responsible for one problem, all of them must be removed before total victory is assured. One thing is certain; with every inch of ground grabbed from the devil, you will notice a definite improvement in your life. This is certain. Once the spirit leaves you, there will be a change in you.
Also, remember that an evil spirit must have a legal ground for staying in a person’s life.
The purpose of all these information is to enable you to do a self deliverance at home for yourself.
The process of self-deliverance is carried out in stages. Let’s go through them one by one.
Start with praise worship. You can sing songs to praise God and to worship Him.
Confess out loud Scriptures promising deliverance. Let us run through a few of them:
- Luke 10:19,
- Ephesians 1:7,
- Romans 16:20,
- Revelation 12:11,
- Colossians 2:14,15,
- Galatians 3:13,14,
- Psalm 91:3.
- 2 Tim. 4:18 has this to say:
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. – 2 Tim 4:18
You must at least memorize this one – 2 Tim. 4:18.
Break covenants and curses to destroy their legal hold. You pray a simple prayer
- I break any curse working against me
- I break any covenant working against me, in the name of Jesus.
Simple prayer with much result.
Bind all the spirits associated with those covenants and curses like this:
- I bind all the spirits attached or connected to the curses and covenants I have just broken, in the name of Jesus.
Lay one hand on your head and the other on your stomach or navel and begin to pray like this:
- Holy Ghost fire, burn from the top of my head to the sole of my feet, in the name of Jesus. (Spend at least 5mins)
- Begin to mention every organ of your body; kidney, liver, intestine, blood, etc. You must not rush at this level. Lay your hands on areas that the Spirit of God leads you to. Do not be afraid if you notice that you are swaying or staggering, etc.
Then begin to saturate yourself with the blood of Jesus. You do this by saying:
- Blood of Jesus, enter into my spirit, soul and body.
Next you say:
- I drink the blood of Jesus.
This must continue until you have a release in your spirit to stop.
It is now, that you are able to demand firmly, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that any spirit that is not of God should leave you. You demand it forcefully like this:
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I come against all you hidden spirits and I bind your activities in my life. You can no longer hide below the surface because I now recognize what you have been doing; release me, in the name of Jesus.
If sickness is the problem, address it and say,
You spirit of infirmity, I speak to you directly, get out of my life now. I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, come out and go now. Go out with every breath by the power of the Holy Spirit. I prevail over you, in the name of Jesus.
At this point, you stop talking; open your mouth and nose and begin to breath in and out. Take about three to seven deep breaths, and expel them forcefully through your mouth and nose. You may be surprised that strange things will begin to happen. Repeat this stage again and again. This will help you to flush out any deposit or impurity within your body. You may notice that you are coughing, yawning, sneezing, sweating or shedding tears, but continue and do not loose your concentration.
When you have finished the expulsion stage, you then ask for a fresh in-filling of the Holy Spirit and close the session with praises.
When you are attacked in your dream, rise up and go through the stages I have already mentioned.
Self-deliverance keeps you from getting sick; it removes every evil seed of the enemy; it charges your body with fire. It uproots evil plantations and builds up your confidence.
Every night before you go to bed, you must remember these three important
1. Pray that the walls of fire should surround you.
The Bible says:
For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her (Zec. 2:5).
2. Pray for cover with the blood of Jesus.
Rev 12:11: “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
3. Also pray that the angels of God should surround you.
Ps 34:7: “The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.”
No matter how sleepy you are, make sure you pray these three prayer points every night.
There is no reason why self-deliverance should not be effective. However, if the person seeking deliverance is under stubborn demonic control or hereditary strongman and lacks sufficient faith or authority to defeat the oppressors or living in any known sin, the evil spirits will defend what they think is their right.
One final word of caution. For a person to be delivered, he/she must want deliverance. Self deliverance must not be done because of pride, shyness, the fear of possible public embarrassment, etc. Your motive for engaging in self deliverance has to be pure.
Remember, deliverance is a process and the length of time it takes depends on several things viz:
- the length of time the spirit has stayed inside a person,
- the strength and reinforcement of the spirit,
- the experience and degree of anointing upon those who are ministering the deliverance,
- the willingness of the person being delivered to be free,
- the knowledge of the word of God and your level of hatred for sin.
For self-deliverance to be very effective, a great deal of self-discipline is necessary.
Also, remember that bondage can be weak or strong. A weak hold can be broken quickly, whereas a stronghold may take a longer time. You will not realize the strength of a bondage until you faithfully and persistently work on it. You must remember that a foothold can graduate to a stronghold if left unaddressed.